7 Adventure Sports In India For Every Adrenaline Junkie
Adventure sports are the perfect outlet for those seeking an unforgettable rush of excitement. Whether it’s the thrill of the unknown or the sense of accomplishment that comes with pushing oneself from the limit, there is no shortage of options for adrenaline junkies. From bungee jumping and skydiving to rock climbing and white-water rafting, there are a variety of sports to choose from that offer an unparalleled sense of adventure. So why not step outside of your comfort zone and try something new today? You might discover a life-changing experience that you’ll never forget. So, let’s learn about some fantastic adventure sports and their types.
4 Popular Categories Of Adventure Sports In India
You can enjoy many land-based, air-based, water-based, and ocean-related activities given below are four different categories of adventure sports:
- Land-based adventure sports include mountaineering, rock climbing, sport climbing, camping, mountain biking, trekking, snow skiing, and ziplining.
- Air-based adventure sports include hot air ballooning, skydiving/parachuting, paragliding, powered hang gliding, and parasailing.
- Water-based adventure sports include canoeing, kayaking, rafting, water skiing, kayaking, sailing, and rowing.
- Ocean-related adventure sports include scuba diving, deep-sea diving, sailing, and windsurfing.
Now let’s know some amazing adventure sports in India.
7 Popular Adventure Sports In India
Here are the top 7 adventure sports in India to feel the thrill:
Paragliding: The Only Way To Fly
Paragliding is a thrilling adventure sport, it is the way to soar like a bird and see the natural beauty from height. Moreover, it is a recreational and competitive flying sport. Pilots sit in a harness below a fabric wing supported by air pressure and suspension lines. Hence, paragliding is a popular adventure sport in Ladakh, Darjeeling, Solang, Kamshet, Billing, and South Anjuna in Goa.
Bungee Jumping: An Adventure For Lifetime
Experience the thrill of free falling from 83m height and swinging like a pendulum. Bungee Jumping is the best adventure sport but a risky one that requires courage. A strong rope is tied around the jumper’s ankles, and the jumper feels weightless after the leap of faith. The rope swings around, and the jumper enjoys a 360-degree view. Rishikesh is the best place for Bungee Jumping in India, while Bangalore, Delhi, and Lonavala are also famous destinations for Bungee Jumping.
Scuba Diving: An Adventurous Water Ride
Scuba diving is an adventure water sport, it is the way to explore the underwater beauty of India, surrounded by oceans on three sides. While not very dangerous, people should be aware of important factors such as managing oxygen supply and hazardous animals or plants. Quick courses are available to beginners at dive locations such as Andaman and Nicobar Island, Goa, Pondicherry, and Netrani Islands.
Waterfall Rappelling: Thrilling Water Adventure Sports
You’ve all heard of rock climbing; many people have even tried it on relatively easy rocks. But have you ever wondered what it would be like to climb up a rock while a constant water flow from a waterfall is coming towards you? Waterfall rappelling is a way to take your love for waterfalls to the next level and experience them like never before. The climber’s waist is tied to a harness while they attempt to climb the rock through the waterfall, and the slippery surfaces make the experience even more challenging. Coorg in Karnataka and Vihigaon in Maharashtra are best known for waterfall rappelling, and we recommend visiting during the monsoon for the best experience.
Trekking: An Accessible Adventure Sports
Trekking is the best mountain adventure sport for adventure lovers who love challenges. They can explore the uncharted territories of North-Eastern India, including the beautiful valleys and forests of Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh. Some of the most famous trekking destinations include Bomdila Dirang Trek, Twang Mago Trek, Se La Nuranang Trek, and Roopkund Trek in North India, best visited in May-June.
River Rafting: Finest Adventure Sports
River rafting is a popular adventure sport in India enjoyed by both beginners and professionals. There’s nothing like experiencing the rush of water while navigating through it in a small raft with like-minded individuals. While river rafting is available at the majority of tourist spots, it’s worth trying at famous locations like Rishikesh and Manali.
Parasailing: For Adventure Freaks
If you are someone who loves adventure, then parasailing is the perfect activity for you! It involves being lifted mid-air by a parachute while being towed by a boat. This gives you an incredible aerial view of the ocean and the surrounding scenery and provides an adrenaline rush that is unmatched to any other activity. Parasailing is prevalent in many coastal towns worldwide, including destinations like Goa and Mumbai. So if you are looking for a unique and exciting experience, be sure to give parasailing a try!
Do’s And Don’ts While Doing These Adventure Sports
Given below are some do’s and don’ts while doing adventure sports:
- Research and prepare before any adventure sport. Know the risks, equipment and training required. Be physically and mentally ready.
- Remember to wear appropriate safety gear, such as helmets and life jackets, for adventure sports.
- Most adventure sports require professional training to learn proper techniques and necessary skills.
- Listen carefully to your instructor. They will guide you and ensure your safety; don’t be afraid to ask questions or express concerns.
- Staying hydrated is crucial when exerting yourself in the sun. Be sure to drink water before, during, and after the activity, and consider carrying a hydration pack.
- When it comes to adventure sports, it is essential to stay within your limits. Trying something beyond your ability can lead to severe injury or even death.
- Ignoring safety guidelines can endanger you and others. Understand and follow them closely.
- Be patient and focused during adventure sports. Don’t rush or take risks, and savour the experience.
- Wearing appropriate safety gear is essential for adventure sports activities. Only attempt activity with the correct equipment.
- Adventure sports should be enjoyable and memorable and create lasting moments. Take time to relish your surroundings and create eternal memories.
In conclusion, summer is a great time to try your hand at adventure sports. Just remember to do your research, wear appropriate gear, get trained by professionals, listen to your instructors, and stay hydrated. Also, only attempt an activity within your ability, don’t ignore safety guidelines, don’t rush through the activity, don’t attempt an activity without proper gear, and have fun.